WEC International are looking for an Arts Ministry Team Leader for UK & Ireland.
WECs ministry’s vision is ‘releasing culturally appropriate expressions of the arts to see Christ known, loved and worshipped.’ Could you play a pivotal role as the UK and Ireland Leader of WEC’s Arts Release ministry, now flourishing in several countries? This is a strategic role which will guide and inspire WEC’s growing cross-cultural arts ministry teams operating in the UK and Ireland. As Ministry Leader you will oversee and guide the full-time WEC ArtsRelease members based in the UK and Ireland, and also supervise our part-time associates and volunteers based in and working from here.
Your role will involve directing, communicating, networking, caring, strategising and facilitating the development of new projects which use the arts in cross-cultural ways to evangelise, disciple, church plant and mobilise.
Salary: WEC UK is a faith-based fellowship, made up of a network of committed volunteers, and does not pay a salary for any of the opportunities advertised.
Contract: Full Time, 1-2-yrs
Location: Work from home, Leeds
About Arts in Mission
Arts Release is a group of creative arts specialists who love Jesus and people of other cultures. They are reaching the unreached, worshipping, discipling, training and mobilising through the God-given power of the arts, inspired by the Holy Spirit.
The ArtsRelease teams (some full-time, some part-time) enjoy expressing God’s love through various art forms. Some have professional arts training and others have picked up skills on the way.
WEC currently have teams based in England, France, Germany, Spain and Singapore, but our ArtsRelease members also travel extensively to work alongside WEC teams in other countries.
Qualities & Gifts Sought
- A heart for Jesus, the arts, worship and the unreached people groups of the world is essential.
- Cross-cultural missions training and experience is vital, preferably with an arts focus. Leadership experience is crucial, with proven ability to mentor and guide interns.
- Good public and online communication skills, administrative ability, a pastoral gift able to support our UK team members (virtually and in person); and eager to network with other WEC and ArtsRelease projects in this country and abroad.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is recommended. Training in ethnodoxology will be required before or soon after appointment.
Information & Applications
WEC ref 8432
For more information, please click the APPLY FOR JOB button and send an email
To apply for the role please CLICK HERE
Please mention Christian Creative Directory when responding.
About WEC International
WEC’s primary goal is to take the gospel to the least-reached peoples of the world, and to see churches planted and growing among them. WEC's work in the UK and Ireland has a long history of training and sending Christian workers all over the world, but also of identifying the unreached in our midst.
WEC International is committed to:
• Working cross-culturally among immigrant communities in several cities to see Christian communities established which reflect their cultures through our Neighbours Worldwide teams;
• Encouraging and stimulating prayer for cross-cultural mission around the world, accurately researching the whole mission scene through the Operation World team;
• Partnering with churches all over the UK and Ireland to mobilise their congregations into cross-cultural ministry;
• Offering opportunities for short-term cross-cultural missions exposure and pass on the vision;
• Ministering to those who suffer from drug and alcohol addictions and plant churches among them through Betel’s teams;
• Training and producing media broadcast content through our Radio Worldwide ministry;
• Working with schools and churches to run children’s programmes and youth camps which aim to bring children to faith and to learn about their potential role in God’s world;
• Publishing strategic websites, magazines, pamphlets, Bible Studies, books and social media material to share the vision;
• Hosting events and courses for those wishing to explore God’s call to cross-cultural work or to pray for mission.