Milton Keynes Christian Centre is looking for a Communications Director. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Communications Director who will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive communications strategy that effectively captures and conveys Milton Keynes Christian Centre’s vision and mission.
Are you a high-capacity leader with strong organisational and communication skills and a deep commitment to the mission of the Church? As the Communications Director, you will lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive communications strategy that effectively captures and conveys the church’s vision and mission.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have excellent communication and organisational abilities, strong leadership skills, and a unique blend of creative and strategic thinking. You’ll provide creative direction and bring the church’s vision to life through compelling and engaging content using your expertise in design, media, and communications.
The Communications Director is responsible for creating an environment that attracts, develops and empowers the volunteer leaders to fulfil the ministry towards the church’s vision and purpose. Success in this role will be best accomplished by prioritising an investment in volunteers and ministry leaders who, in turn, influence others.
If you’re excited about the opportunity to lead and develop teams of creatives, manage staff and freelancers, and oversee the production of all church communications materials, tehy would love to hear from you.
Closing Date: Monday 20th March 2023
Salary: £34,000 – £39,000
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Location: Milton Keynes
Team and Volunteer Management
- Lead and manage the Communications Team, including setting goals and objectives, providing direction and support, and evaluating performance.
- Communicating a clear vision and defined ministry wins for volunteer teams on a regular basis.
- Building systems and structures that lead people from being spectators to volunteers. Identifying, recruiting and onboarding potential volunteers.
- Identify, raise and release volunteer leaders. Aligning them around a common vision, strategy and language.
- Lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive communications strategy that effectively captures and conveys the church’s vision and mission.
- Serve other ministry leaders to develop and implement effective communication strategies for events and initiatives, helping the church see and celebrate the work God is doing.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the church’s communications efforts, making recommendations for improvement as needed.
- Provide people with points of connection to the church throughout the week.
- Resource pastoral staff members on communication or marketing issues and processes related to the church.
- Utilise expertise in design and video to ensure that the Communications Team effectively brings the church’s vision to life through compelling and engaging content.
- Manage staff and freelancers, recruit, train, and oversee volunteers, and encourage the people who help them reach their goals in the church’s marketing and creative efforts.
- Lead and develop teams of creatives.
- Oversee the production of all church communications materials, including print, video, email, websites, and social media.
- Lead copywriting efforts.
- Leverage digital strategies to enhance engagement and connection with both internal and external audiences, cross-generationally and across multiple channels.
- Utilise multiple channels, such as content marketing, social media, and other forms, to effectively communicate with and engage the local community.
- Build strong relationships with media outlets and stakeholders through regular communication and collaboration.
- Utilise multiple channels, such as email, social media, and in-person events, to effectively communicate and promote community engagement opportunities to the church.
Church Services & Events
- Work with the Senior Leadership Team to develop and implement services that align with the overall mission and values of the church, creating an inspiring and welcoming environment for weekend services.
- Be the person who is always asking, “How can we make this experience better for someone who has never been to church?”
Information & Applications
Download the full Job Description here.
Please note Milton Keynes Christian Centre can only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK.
All jobs at Milton Keynes Christian Centre have an occupational requirement under Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010 to be held by an active, practising Christian due to the evangelistic work of the organisation.
For more information please email using the EMAIL FOR MORE INFO button.
If you think you have what it takes, then Milton Keynes Christian Centre would love to hear from you! Read through the job description then submit your CV, with a covering letter describing why you would be the perfect fit for this opportunity and your present involvement in local church.
Send your application to Nicola Ritchie, Executive Pastor, by clicking on the APPLY FOR JOB button or by post to the address below:
Milton Keynes Christian Centre
Please mention Christian Creative Directory when responding
All job/opportunity descriptions are correct at the date of submission, however, some application closing dates dates may be closed early or extended at the discretion of the originator. Christian Creative Directory is not liable for any changes made to jobs/opportunities after the date they are submitted to the site and advise applicants to apply early to avoid disappointment.
About Milton Keynes Christian Centre
Established in 1979, Milton Keynes Christian Centre is a growing, multicultural and multigenerational church passionate about sharing God's radical grace with others in the same uncompromising way we received it from Christ. We are a family working together to reach the next generation, committed to equipping people for everyday, ordinary life & making an impact outside the walls of our building – in our own community, nation, and around the world.
We see a church that is for our city, positioned in the heart of our community; a church that is constantly celebrating people making decisions for Christ and growing in God.
MKCC welcomes an average of 1200+ attending Sunday services offered at 9:00 am, 10:45 am, and 12:30 pm.
We would like to see every church member, young and old, have the privilege of leading someone to Christ. The church we see is:
a family, outworking a unified vision to reach the next generation.
making an impact outside the walls of our building – in our own community, nation, and around the world.
committed to equipping people for everyday, ordinary life.
We see a church where Jesus is famous and all of the glory goes to God