Hubb Digital is looking for a Software Developer to join their agile development team as a full-stack web developer.
This is an excellent opportunity to take on a broad development role, maintaining and improving a platform that hundreds of churches and charities rely on every day.
As part of a small team, you’ll be able to make a significant contribution to the direction of the platform and enjoy taking new ideas from concept right through to completion.
Salary: From £30k depending on experience
Contract: Full Time – Permanent
Hours: Full time, 37.5hrs per week, plus a share in the very light on-call rota for emergency issues out of hours
Location: Cambridge Office, or remote working (must be UK based) with occasional meet-ups in the Cambridge office
Annual Leave: 28 days plus bank holidays
Start date: As soon as possible
Education, skills and personal qualities
Qualifications: • Relevant degree level qualification and at least two years experience in a software development role
• Web software development, preferably with ASP.NET
• SQL Server
• Any of the following skills would be a bonus:
– JQuery, XML, AJAX
– ASP.NET WebForms
– Razor / Blazor
• In complete sympathy with our company mission and values
• A trustworthy and hard worker with a servant heart
• A team player with a can-do attitude that thrives when ‘all hands on deck’ are required
• Self-motivated and happy working independently from home
• An enthusiastic and innovative approach to problem-solving
• Take a clear, structured approach and pay attention to detail
• Able to prioritise and use initiative to manage your time efficiently
Details of role
• Always striving to write simple, clean and testable code to maintain and improve the platform
• Collect requirements, design, develop, test and deploy new features
• Assist in providing 3rd line support
• Review and assess code written by other team members
• Share the on-call rota (usually only a couple of calls per year!)
• Liaise with other team members on projects, so everyone stays in the loop
• Maintain a strong focus on security, quality and reliability
• Keep up-to-date with the latest technologies and consider how we can embrace new technologies to improve the platform
• Maintain and improve infrastructure
• Update any task management software regularly and accurately
• Work with your line manager to produce and maintain a personal development plan
• Help out in other areas as required
Information & Applications
To apply for this role , please click on the APPLY FOR JOB button and send your covering letter explaining why the role is of interest to you and CV to CEO Adam Johannes.
Please mention Christian Creative Directory when responding.
About Hubb Digital
The Hubb Digital friendly and hard-working team are dedicated to helping churches and Christian organisations to flourish on the web with our powerful website, app and church management tools.