St Aldates Church Oxford is looking for a Creative Lead. This exciting role is to lead all creative innovation and design at the heart of their church. You will be passionate about the church leading the way in creative output, and be excited about bringing your aesthetic eye and creative flair to their graphic design, content creation, social media presence, website and communications.
Closing date: 15 August 2022
Contract: Full Time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
- As Creative Lead, you will lead the creative team comprising communications, videography, and social media, and invest in our relationships with internal volunteers and external freelancers.
- Develop and maintain the church brand and house style throughout all communications and platforms.
- Leading their social media output to communicate with our congregation and as outreach tools.
- Copywriting for web and social media, YouTube, sermon summaries, quotes, highlights.
- Managing email communications and mailing list including ministry focused emails and monthly newsletters (Churchsuite and Mailchimp), ensuring GDPR compliance.
- Producing thumbnails, branded social content and regular visual content for digital and print outputs.
- Managing the hosting, style and content management of the St Aldates websites (both www.staldates.org.uk and www.staldates.com). Creating web content such as blogs, landing pages, resources and event landing pages, making sure the language is clear and engaging.
- Support live streaming and production of Sunday services and other events as required.
- Ensure that all marketing (internal and external, digital, print and outdoor) is developed and effective.
- Supporting local outreach through advertising and raising profile for the church and Alpha courses.
- Managing grants for local and National outreach.
- Develop a consistent and effective welcome design throughout the church and welcome area.
- You will line-manage our Videography Lead, our Communications and Connections Manager and our Creative interns. You will also lead a volunteer team and manage creative freelancers.
- You must have experience of copywriting, content creating, social media management, marketing, graphic design, project management, digital advertising, website management and be able to provide a portfolio to evidence previous work.
- You must have experience of working with Churchsuite, Mailchimp, Squarespace, Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook, Instagram, social media management tools such as Later, Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign and Illustrator), project management tools such as Asana or Slack.
- You must be familiar with the requirements of GDPR in handling personal information
- You must have experience of working collaboratively in teams. Line management experience will be an advantage
- Experience of dealing with communications in a professional working environment
- Previous experience of working within a church or charity organisation will be an advantage.
Information & Applications
For more information download the Job Description
To apply, please click on the APPLY FOR JOB button.
Please mention Christian Creative Directory when responding.
About St Aldates Church Oxford
Our vision is to invite people to encounter Jesus, equip people to follow Jesus in every area of their lives, and envision people to transform their communities.
We are excited about what God is doing in our midst. We are seeing people come to faith in Jesus on a weekly basis, and we are pioneering new ways of discipling people to make a difference in every area of their lives. As a city-centre church with a congregation of 1000+, we have a large number of volunteer leaders and team across our ministries, leading Aldates Groups, Alpha, student ministry, Aldates Kids and Youth. We have four services every Sunday, one of which is broadcast live. We are passionate about supporting and empowering the marginalised in the community through our ACT ministry.
Our staff team consists of 25+ Ministry and Operations leaders. In addition, the School of Ministry recruits 10-12 Interns annually who work alongside ministry leaders.
We operate out of three main buildings. The Church seats around 500 people and was extensively re-ordered 30 years ago. It provides a wonderful space for worship and is regularly used for special events such as Youth gatherings, Children’s Holiday Club, Student Balls, conferences and other meetings. The Church Centre (40 Pembroke Street) holds the offices of most of the Staff team along with various meeting rooms. The Catacombs Building (a few hundred metres away on Littlegate Street) has space that is used as a Youth centre and the basement has been dedicated as the Oxford Prayer Room.