Wonderful is looking for a WordPress/Frontend developer with three or more years of commercial experience and a proven ability to take design prototypes and build outstanding web experiences, as well as maintain and grow our existing sites.
If you have a passion for technical excellence and have the communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with our clients, then this could be a great role for you.
This is a remote role, but if you are local, space is available in their Maidstone office working with their wider team. Wonderful have regular contact time and quarterly team gatherings to make sure everyone stays connected.
Closing date: 29 July 22
Salary: £28,000 to £32,000
Contract: Full Time
Location: Remote working, Maidstone office
- Developing innovative, high quality websites and web solutions
- Presenting and rationalising your work internally and to our clients
- Work both independently and as part of a wider team to deliver on web solutions
Who they are looking for – the “must-haves”
- A love of web, creative technologies and digital innovation
- At least two years demonstrable on-the-job experience in developing websites
- Highly proficient in WordPress, and ideally WooCommerce, for custom website development
- Experience utilising NPM and task/build tools such as Webpack or Gulp
- Experience utilising MySQL for database management and migrations
- Experience with using Github for version control and creating pull requests
- Experience with building out sites from Adobe XD, Sketch or Figma files
- A dedication to coding excellence and continuous personal development
- An ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously
Who they are looking for – the “nice-to-haves”
- Worked with a good range of third party APIs
- Experience in Tailwind CSS
- Experience with the Bedrock/Sage framework and starter theme
- Working knowledge of both Vue and Laravel
- A good working knowledge of SEO best practises
- An understanding of accessibility standards
- Experience with cross browser and device testing
- Experience with deployment pipelines via GitLab or DeployHQ, for example
- Experience with WordPress’ Advanced Custom Fields plugin
- Experience using project management tools such as Teamwork, Basecamp or Trello
- 23 days holiday per year
- 3 additional volunteering days per year
- Company pension
- £300 training budget per year
- £300 equipment & home working budget
- Employee perks scheme including rewards, discounts, freebies, health & wellbeing offerings and more
- Regular team events & away days
- Flexible/remote Working policy – 2 days working at The WonderHub, our modern town-centre studio & co-working space, with the remainder remote/from home as you choose or fully remote with quarterly team gatherings
- Parking allowance
Information & Applications
To apply for this role please click on the APPLY FOR JOB button and send in your CV, covering letter, Git repository and any other supporting material you may wish.
Please mention Christian Creative Directory when responding.
Complex Problems. Made Wonderfully Simple. Complexity is a very modern enemy. We simplify the complexity into competitive advantage. Creating experiences that delight customers, clients and staff.
We're a digital creative agency, taking complex business problems and delivering wonderfully simple solutions.
We've helped some of the world's biggest brands define their identity, transform their websites, and achieve business-growing results across digital marketing.
We deliver this in three key areas:
Strategy & Insight -
- Brand Strategy
- Technology Strategy
- Digital Discovery Day
- Training & Support
- OmniBI - our proprietary Data and Insight Tool.
- Web Development
- Tracking & Reporting
- CRM Implementation
- UX & UI Design
- App Development
- MVP & Product Development
- Inbound Marketing
- PPC Advertising
- Social Media
- Email Marketing